“A way of helping another understand more fully and learn more comprehensively from their day-to-day experience. It works best when it is a confidential relationship which gives the learner the opportunity to speak freely about the concerns they may have.”
This definition, although not perfect, gives a flavour of the nurturing of a mentoring relationship.
TDP’s mentoring scheme is a value added service to the community of organisations that are striving to raise their performance.
We currently run the Mentoring Scheme in London along with London Excellence.
We add value by:
- growing membership of the community across all sectors
- facilitating sharing and learning between members
- providing recognition for their achievements
We connect people and the facilitation of a mentoring scheme is entirely aligned with this purpose.
We are therefore piloting a scheme whereby we can help you to
- find a mentor who can support and challenge you
- develop and practice your own mentoring skills
For more information see the London Excellence website.