The Qatar Business Women Award
Launched in December 2007 under the auspices of Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Misnad, the Qatar Business Women Award 2013 will identify and pay tribute to Qatari women who contribute to Qatar’s society and economy through their significant professional or entrepreneurial achievements.
The award focuses women who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and managerial qualities in their fields.
This year, applicants who participate in the three Award workshops will be eligible to have their application considered for the Business and Professional Women’s Development certificate. This professional development approach has been specifically developed for the Qatar Business Women’s Association. Greater involvement from the expatriate community is also encouraged, as they are now invited to attend the Award workshops.
Option 1: Make a direct application. Open only to Qatari Nationals. Applicants find it helpful to attend the workshops.
Option 2: Participate in the Qatar Business Women’s Award Workshop Series for the ILM endorsed Business and Professional Women Foundation Programme- applicants must attend all 3 workshops and submit application against all 5 criteria.
- Workshop 1: Leadership
- Workshop 2: Future Goals & Financial Plan
- Workshop 3: Innovation
How Do I apply?
- Read the criteria.
- Decide if you are applying either under the Business or Professional Criteria.
- Identify your performance under each point. It is important to note businesswomen do not need to answer questions under the ‘Performance Criteria-Professional Women’ and professional women do not need to answer questions under the ‘Performance Criteria-Business Women’.
- Please note Assessors are not only looking for success but areas where you have faced challenges and overcome them.
- To further understand the criteria, all applicants are invited to attend the Qatar Business Women’s Award Workshop Series
What do I NEed to Submit?
- Completed Application form
- Completed submission document/workbook
- Passport sized photograph
- Recent CV
- Details of 6 referees. Please indicate how best each referee supports the application, e.g. “key customer/stakeholder who benefited from an improvement programme for which I am responsible.” For business applicant you should provide 3 referees for customer and 3 for suppliers. For professional applicant 2 referees should be from superiors (e.g. line manager) 2 colleagues/peers and 2 stakeholders.
- A soft copy plus 3 hard copies of each document (except workbook)
- Workshop 1: 9th April 2013
- Workshop 2: 15th May 2013
- Workshop 3: 12th June 2013